FileTrac has begun using the two-step authentication process for security purposes. Receiving the code via text or voice call is no longer available. If you have not previously set up authentication through one of the authentication apps, please email FileTrac at email@example.com and ask to have your MFA reset.
Once your account is reset you will have the option to choose your method of verification. The instructions below will walk you through the steps to use the Google Authenticator App. If you wish to use the Auth0 Guardian app, please visit our support document
Auth0 Guardian App Setup Instructions : FileTrac Support (freshdesk.com).
Table of Contents:
I. Google Authenticator App Setup
II. Logging in After Initial Google Authenticator Setup
III. "Remember this device for 30 Days"
IV. Renaming Account(s) on Google Authenticator App (For use with Multiple FileTrac Accounts)
I. Google Authenticator App Setup:
You will first need to find the App in the App store on your cell phone and download the App to your phone. There is no charge for this application. Please look for the logo shown below to be sure you are downloading the correct App. After the Google App is installed and you have requested and received a response from FileTrac that your MFA has been reset you are ready to begin the next steps.
1. On your computer, open the web page by either clicking on the Web Address link from the email you received from your company or type the Web Address into the Address bar of your browser. You will then be directed to the 'Welcome' page where you will enter the Login ID and Password that was provided to you by that company. Then click Continue.
2. On the 'Secure Your Account' page, click on the blue link at the bottom to Try another method.
3. The Other Methods pop-up will appear. Click on Google Authenticator or similar.
The QR Code will pop up on your computer screen.
4. Open the Google App on your cell phone and click Scan a QR code.
5. When using the App for the first time you will need to allow the App to access your camera by clicking OK.
6. On the 'Secure Your Account' page, scan the QR code by holding your cell phone up to your computer screen and aligning the QR code inside of the window on your cell phone screen.
7. A six-digit code will appear in the App on your cell phone. Enter this one-time code in the text field on your laptop.
8. Click the Continue button.
9. Copy the Recovery Code and store it in a safe place. Your "Recovery Code" can be used if you are not receiving the 6-digit code. Click the below link for further details on how to log in using the "Recovery Code":
New Phone/Verification Code/Recovery Code : FileTrac Support (freshdesk.com)
10. Check the box that states you have safely recorded this code
11. Click Continue
And you’re in FileTrac!
II. Logging in After Initial Google Authenticator Setup:
1. Click on the FileTrac web address for your company and enter your Login ID and Password.
2. A notification will be sent to the Google Authenticator App where you will retrieve the code and enter the new code on your computer screen.
III. "Remember this device for 30 Days":
If you will be logging in from this specific device for the next 30 days, check the box “Remember this device for 30 days”. You will then only need to enter your Login ID and Password when logging in for the next 30 days.
After 30 days (and/or if you log in from a different device) you will be prompted to go check the app on your phone and enter the new Verification code. You can then choose to remember the device for another 30 days.
IV. Renaming Account(s) on Google Authenticator App:
IMPORTANT: If you work for multiple firms, you will have a corresponding account in your Google Authenticator App for each company you have signed into the FileTrac system for. You can rename each account in your Google Authenticator App to better help identify which code to use for which company. *Instructions may vary depending on your device (see below).
1. Either hold down the line item (ex: FileTrac (your email address)) or select the 3 dots in the upper righthand or lefthand corner. Then select 'Edit'.
2. Click on the pencil icon next to the account you wish to rename.
4. Change the email address on that account to the IA firm name
5. Click 'Save'
If you need to delete an account from your Google Authenticator app such as an old account, click on the trash can icon in the upper righthand or lefthand corner in the previous screenshot.