There are two locations where Fee Schedules can be created, and it is important to know the difference before you begin creating fee schedules.
-Fee Schedules created under the 'Settings' page are used for the most common schedules that your company bills most of the time and can be used for any or ALL Companies. If you have a fee that is consistent across many clients, then you will want to create it from the Settings page.
-Fee Schedules can also be created from within a Company (your client). Fee Schedules created under a Company would only be visible for use in a claim for that particular company and will also default for that company. If you would like to create a Company specific fee schedule, please click the below link:
Table of Contents:
I. Creating Fee Schedules in Settings
II. Adding Inclusions/Exceptions for Fee Schedule (if needed)
III. Setting up the Adjuster Payout for the Fee Schedule
I. Creating Fee Schedules in Settings:
*Fee Schedules created in Settings can be made available for ALL Companies.
1. Click on the 'Settings' tab
2. Click on Services and Fees 'Click Here to Configure'
3. Click on 'Fee Schedule'
4. Click on 'New Fee Schedule'. (If you have already created one or more fee schedules, you will also see the option for 'Manage Fee Schedules'.)
5. Type in a 'Name' for the Fee Schedule
6. (Optional): Check the box(s) if this is 'Taxable and/or Reimbursable'
7. Click the drop-down and choose 'All Companies'.
8. Click the drop-down and select if the fee schedule is based on the 'Claim Amount, RCV or ACV'.
9. (Optional): If you would like to include a 'Note' specific for this fee schedule, add it here. The note will display on the Timelog Management page when a user selects to create an invoice.
10. Click 'Save Schedule' then 'Add Row' to begin setting up your Tiers.
11. Type in the 'Tier Description'; 'Floor' is the starting amount for this tier (Enter "0" for the first tier); Leave 'Ceiling' as “+”; Select if the fee is '$ or %'; Enter the 'billable amount' for this tier
12. Click 'Save Schedule'
13. Click 'Add Row'
When Typing in the Floor and Ceiling amounts do not use commas.
14. Enter the 'Ceiling' for the previous Tier
15. Enter the information for the Current Tier ('Description', 'Floor', Leave the 'Ceiling' as "+", Select if the fee is '$ or %'; Enter the 'billable amount')
16. Click 'Save Schedule'
17. Click 'Add Row' (continue steps 14-17 until all Tiers have been entered). The final tier 'Ceiling' remains at “+”.
II. Adding Inclusions/Exceptions for Fee Schedule (if you do not need to add inclusions/exceptions, skip to next section):
To have the option to add fees inside of a Fee Schedule you will want to add an Inclusion. By adding the Inclusions, you will have the ability to add the Service to a Fee Schedule when you are creating the invoice.
*The Services and Fees will first need to be set up in your system before proceeding to add Inclusions/Exceptions to a Fee Schedule.
If you have not yet set up 'Services and fees', please click on 'Services' in the upper right-hand corner and follow the instructions in the below link:
To add Inclusions, follow the instructions below:
1. Click on 'Show' beneath Inclusions/Exceptions from within a tier of the fee schedule.
2. Click on 'Add Single Row'
3. Select the 'Service' Type, fill in the 'Included Quantity', and the 'Amount per Additional Quantity'. (The Service will need to have been added to the company prior to adding it in a Fee Schedule.) If you would like this fee to be included under each tier of the Fee Schedule, click the arrow facing down to the right of the entry. See illustration below.
*Sample of Fee Schedule with Inclusions/Exceptions:
III. Setting up the Adjuster Payout for the Fee Schedule:
1. Click on 'Tier Payout Setup'
2. Should the pricing changes saved for this screen effect all schedule tiers for this Fee Schedule? Select 'YES' if all tiers for this Fee Schedule will be paid out at the same rate; select 'NO' if the tiers for this Fee Schedule will not be paid out at the same rate.
3. You can then choose to either Set the same Rate for ALL EXISTING Adjusters (Option 1), or Set Rates for Adjusters individually (Option 2)
Option 1: Choose this option if the same rate applies to All Existing Adjusters
If the same rate applies to most of your adjusters, you may choose Option 1, click 'Update Adjuster(s)', then change the User Payout on the adjuster(s) that have a different rate. Then click 'Update Adjuster(s)' again, and 'Close Page'.
Option 2: Choose this option if you wish to set rate individually for each Existing Adjuster
4. Select if the payout is based on a '% of the Fee, Amount/Quantity, % of Claim Amount, % of ACV or % of RCV'
5. Type in the payout 'amount or %', whichever applies.
6. Click on 'Update Adjuster(s)'
7. Click 'Close Page'
If you selected 'NO' in step 2 above, you will need to set up the payouts for each Tier of your Fee Schedule by repeating steps 1-7 above.