Emailing Documents & Notes
Last updated: 12/30/2020
FileTrac has several different options to email documents from within a file and notes. Documents can be emailed from either the Manage Claims page or with the Uploads page and Notes and Documents can be combined in one email from the Notes page. To take advantage of these shortcuts the documents must first be uploaded to the claim. For additional step by step instructions on emailing documents and notes see the instructions below which are followed by instructions on how to upload documents to a file.
Documents can be emailed from the Manage Claims page. You can’t however both upload and email the documents from this page. To upload and email documents at the same time see the section for Uploading Reports.
- Click on Manage Claims
- Click on the @ symbol next to the File #
3. Email to: Enter the email address for the recipient or select an email from the list of saved email addresses
4. To auto populate the Claim#, File#, Policy# and Insured Name
5. The subject line can be edited by backspacing through any information you do not want and manually typing in or copying information over. The Secondary File # can be copied from the Claim Edit page and included in the subject line. There is a limitation to the number of characters in the subject line. The character limit is 132 characters including spaces.
6. Check the box for each document that should be emailed
7. Click Send email button
From the notes page you will need to first type the note and email it to yourself or someone else. Once the note has been emailed to someone you can “view” the note and then forward the note which will allow editing of the subject line. Shown below are the steps to accomplish this task.
- Enter the note details in the field
- Check the box to email/text the note
- Check the box for the person to receive the initial email (Remember, you will not be able to edit the subject line for this first email.)
- Click on Save Comment at the bottom of the screen
Once the note saves and the page refreshes you will be able to “View Message”.
5. Find the note at the top of the list of notes and click on the blue link to View Message
6. The message will be displayed in a pop-up box. Click on Forward Email in the upper blue bar
7. Email to: Enter the email address for the recipient or select an email from the list of saved email addresses
8. Click the drop down to choose what information you would like auto populated in the subject line of the email. (This can be edited manually if needed.)
9. The subject line can be edited by backspacing through any information you do not want and manually typing in or copying information over. The Secondary File # can be copied from the Claim Edit page and included in the subject line. There is a limitation to the number of characters in the subject line. The character limit is 132 characters/spaces.
10. The body of the email will auto fill in the body field. (This can be edited manually if needed.)
11. If you also want to include documents with this email check the box in the list below next to each document that should be included in the email.
12. Click Send Email button
Adding documents to a file can be done in two different places. To Add documents to a file from the Manage Claims tab:
- Click on UPLOAD
To Add documents from the Reports page:
- Click on the Add Docs Icon
Once either of the above options are selected the window to Drag + Drop Files will appear, or you can choose to attach files by clicking on +Add Files.
Drag your documents to the window to use Drag + Drop or when you click +Add Files you will select your document from your computer to attach. You can add multiple files at the same time using either method.
Once the document is uploaded it will appear in the box and you will have the option to Convert it to a PDF, Exclude it from Notifications, Select the Date, Select what Type of document it is, Select a Milestone, Add a Description, mark it Confidential and also send Notifications with or without the document attached to the Assigned Adjuster, Supervisor or Manager. You can also choose to make the files immediately visible to the client and choose to alert the client by email or post the file and don’t email anything.
After making your selections click on Upload to complete the uploading of your document.
After the files have completed the upload process you will see that it shows Upload Successful underneath your documents.