This is a reference guide to help Adjusters learn how to navigate in the system and streamline their workflow. Once you have been added as a user in FileTrac you will receive an email. Follow the instructions in the email to gain access to the system. This guide will review the following:
- FileTrac System Messages and Reminders
- Manage Claims
- Viewing Documents, Uploading Documents and Creating Template Documents
- Bundling Documents
- How to use the Doc Library
- Quick Edit Claims
Once you sign into FileTrac you will be brought to the Alerts Page. If you have a message on this page that You Have No Alerts Configured, speak with an ADMIN within your company so that your Alerts can be set up. From the Select Alert box you can display the Reminders or Alerts on this page by clicking on the desired Alert. The types of reminders and alerts are listed below:
- FileTrac Reminders – These are reminders that you set for yourself. Instructions for setting up reminders are below.
- Adjuster Workload – This will show how many open claims you have, the average number of days open and how many overdue claims.
- Response Requested from Others – If someone has requested a response it will appear once you click on Response Requested from Others.
- Response Requested by Me – If you have sent a response to someone else you can see here if it has been read or still remains unread.
- Claims Overdue – This will show the list of claims that are overdue, the due date and the current status.
- Status Due Today – This will show the list of claims that you have a status due of today’s date.
- Upcoming Claims Due – This will show you the list of claims that are due within 7 days.
This is where FileTrac sends important messages to all Users related to the FileTrac system.
This is a general message that ADMIN can post for their team. Once you’ve read the message please clear the message to avoid a backlog of displayed message.
General Reminders can be added from the Alerts page or Reminders can be created from the notes section (these two options will be illustrated below). You can view current reminders which is the default or select View Future Reminders.
- Click FileTrac Reminders in the left menu
- The current Reminders are displayed
- Click View FUTURE Reminders to see what’s coming up
- To clear a reminder from the list Check the box next to the reminder
- Click Clear Selected Reminder(s) or you can Clear or Edit the reminder
When checking Response Requested from Others be sure to always Mark as Read. Doing this will clear the message on our screen and will change the color of the Sender’s name from Red to Green. This will also show them that you read the message.
Adjusters can set up a general reminder for themselves which do not need to be connected to a specific file.
- Click Add General Reminder
- Set the date and time for the reminder
- Type your note
- Select who is to receive the reminder. If it is just for you then put a check in front of Myself
- If you are selecting other users, then scroll until you find them and place a check in front of their name
- Click Add Reminder
- Click Close Page
Reminders can be sent from the Notes section within a claim. To create a reminder, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Manage Claims page and find the correct claim
- Click on Notes under the Diary column for that file
- Follow instructions from above Adding General Reminders from 2 through 7
The Manage Claims tab is where you can find access to your list of claims. The page defaults to Open claims but Closed claims can be found by searching for them. The diagram below shows what can be done from the manage claims tab.
You can view all reports that have been uploaded to a file and upload more documents. To view documents in a file:
- Click on REPORTS and the next page will display all reports in the file. See image below for all options on the report page.
Adding documents to a file can be done in two different places. To Add documents to a file from the Manage Claims tab:
- Click on UPLOAD
To Add documents from the Reports page:
- Click on the Add Docs Icon
- Once either of the above options are selected the window to Drag + Drop Files will appear, or you can choose to attach files by clicking on +Add Files.
- Drag your documents to the window to use Drag + Drop or when you click +Add Files you will select your document from your computer to attach. You can add multiple files at the same time using either method.
Once the document is uploaded it will appear in the box and you will have the option to Convert it to a PDF, Exclude it from Notifications, Select the Date, Select what Type of document it is, Select a Milestone, Add a Description, mark it Confidential and also send Notifications with or without the document attached to the Assigned Adjuster, Supervisor or Manager. You can also choose to make the files immediately visible to the client and choose to alert the client by email or post the file and don’t email anything.
- After making your selections click on Upload to complete the uploading of your document.
After the files have completed the upload process you will see that it shows Upload Successful underneath your documents.
It may be necessary to bundle several documents into one and then put them in a specific order. To create a bundled document each document will need to be uploaded separately into the file. The documents will then be selected and put in the correct order. To see how to bundle your existing documents in the file complete the following steps:
- Starting from within a file click on the eye symbol beside any document in that file.
- Click on Bundle Report & Attachments
- Set the Bundle Type
- Sort the Documents into the Desired Order by using the arrows to move them up or down
- Select the Documents to Bundle by check marking the box next to the document
- Click either Create Bundle PDF or Bundle & Email
The Doc Library is where you will find the Client Instructions, Policies, Forms and Endorsement or any other documents your Company has uploaded for employees to view. To view the documents and attach them to the file if needed follow the instructions below:
- Click on Doc Library
- Select the Category for the form you are looking for
- Click on Click to view documents
Once you have Selected a Category the list of documents will appear. You then have the option to view the document or attach it to the file.
- To view the document, click on the Description of the document and it will open.
- To attach the document to this file, click on the paperclip Icon. You will get a message asking if you are sure you want to attach this document to the file.
By clicking on Contacts, you will find the list of contacts that are involved with this file and their contact information. Here you can also create a Template Letter and attach it to the file. Template Letters are preformatted documents that have been created as a template and can use tokens to insert information from the file.
After you have clicked on Contacts as shown above:
- Select the Category by clicking on the drop-down button for Select Category
- Select a Template by clicking on the drop-down button for Select Template
- Pick the Branch by clicking on the drop-down button for Branch Address for Letterhead and the Report Name will automatically populate
- If you want to view the document first check the box for Auto open this pdf/dox/xls after creation and Click on either Produce Letter (PDF) or Produce Letter (DOC/XLS)
- The document will populate in Saved Letters and you can view it by clicking on View
This is the Icon located next to CONTACTS on the Manage Claims page. When you hover your curser over the icon a pop-up box will appear. From here you can enter the Date of First Contact and/or the Date of Inspection by selecting the date in the calendar. This will keep the dates in the pop-up and will automatically make a note in the file and mark it visible to your client. This pop-up is also used for Fee Schedule claims where you can enter the Amount of the Claim and now the system will know what tier to charge the client for this claim. You can also quickly add a Note to the file or add a Timelog.
To enter the Date of Inspection or Date of First Contact:
- Click on the Calendar Icon and select the date
- Click Update to save the dates to the file
(Once the dates are entered the file is automatically noted and visible to your client.)
To enter the Amount of the Claim for claims that are billed on a fee schedule:
- Enter the Amount of the Claim, RCV or ACV Amounts
- Click Update
To add a note quickly to the file, click on Quick Notes. This will open the pop-up box and you will have the ability to put a note in the file, send an email, select services and charge for your time and expense. For further instructions see the Notes section below.
To quickly add a Timelog to the file, click on Quick Timelog. This will open the pop-up box and you will have the ability to put a note in the file, send an email, select services and charge for your time and expense. For further instruction on entering your time see the Timelog section below.
To quickly add a note, click on Quick Notes. This will open the pop-up box and you will have the ability to put a note in the file, set a reminder, select Milestones, choose notification methods, send the note in an email or text message to users within your system and finally you can choose to send the note as an email to the Primary Insured, Primary Claimant or enter an email address in manually.
- By selecting the quick entry note from a file the File # will automatically fill in
- The current date will auto fill, if this needs to be changed click on the calendar next to Note Date:
- Type your note, Enter your Diary Note here:
- Set a reminder to follow up if needed by check marking Remind me about this on, select the date from the calendar and add a time
- Check mark if you are meeting a Milestone in the file
- If you are documenting a call, select if the call was Incoming or Outgoing
- If you want this note to be Visible to Client mark sure this box is checked
- Select if you want to set a FileTrac Alert, Email/Text Message or set a FileTrac Reminder (to set a reminder you must enter a date by clicking on the calendar
- Check mark the FileTrac users that you want to receive the email or text message. (Texting can only be done to those showing (TXT) following their name
- Check mark if you want to Email the Primary Insured, Email the Primary Claimant or Email a specific email address and enter the address in the field
- Check mark Use File Numberfor next Note if you will be entering another note for the same File #
- Click on Submit Notes
From the Manage Claims page hover your curser over the clock Icon and this will display the total amount that has not been billed. Click on the Clock Icon to open the page to invoice the claim.
- Change date if needed, otherwise date will populate with today’s date
- Add comments if you need to provide more information to your staff about this billing
- Select the correct Macro which will auto populate below once a selection is made
- Select the drop down for how you will be billing
- Select the appropriate code for your billing which will automatically populate the Code field once selected
- Add a description if you would like to add more details
- Fill in the quantity to be billed
- Click on Submit Timelog Entry
- Once a Timelog has been entered it will populate here under Services Entered.
If you need to add multiple Timelogs click on Add Service Row prior to clicking on Submit Timelog Entry. Once you have added all your entries then click Submit Timelog Entry.
To add an Expense to a file:
- Click on Add Expense Row
- Click the drop-down to select the Expense type
- To get reimbursed for this expense you MUST check this box
- Fill in a Description
- Fill in the Amount that applies
- Click on Submit Timelog Entry
- Once the expense has been saved it will appear in the window below for Expenses Entered