FileTrac allows individual supervisors and/or reviewers to be assigned as a default supervisor or reviewer for either an entire company or on a claim-by-claim basis. You also have the option to assign a supervisor and/or reviewer to an individual. By taking advantage of these user duties, you can better manage the claims and setup alerts to know as soon as a claim is ready for review, if it has been sent back for revisions or the claim has been approved.
Supervisor/Reviewer System Setup
The first step in understanding how this process will work is understanding the designations for a Supervisor and Reviewer followed by understanding the alerts that should be assigned to each. The Reviewer is responsible for reviewing the file once the adjuster has uploaded the claim and the Supervisor will manage the Reviewers and/or the Adjusters.
The instructions below will walk you through setting up a user as either a supervisor or reviewer, setting up alerts and which alerts should be assigned to each user and how to review claims from the alerts page in FileTrac.
Step 1: Designate a User as a Supervisor or Reviewer.
A user must be given the designation or they will not appear in the drop-down list to assign them to another user, a company or a claim.
- Click on Personnel Manager and locate the person you want to designate as a Supervisor or Reviewer.
- Click on the blue link for the user’s name to open their profile.
3. Click to jump to the FileTrac Settings section
4. Click the box for Supervisor and/or Reviewer.
5. Click the Save & Close button.
Step 2: Setup the Alerts.
- Navigate to the Personnel Manager page
- Click on the Bell Icon .
Alerts can be assigned to either an individual User or to a specific User Role. By assigning alerts to a User Role everyone that signs in as that User Type will see the Alerts on their Alert page. For more details on assigning Alerts please see support folder “Alerts, Reminders and General Messages”.
3. To assign the Alerts to a User select the User’s Name from the column on the left or to assign Alerts to a specific User’s Role then click User Role on the right.
4. If Role Alerts is selected, click to select the User Role in the column to the left. If you are assigning alerts to the individual skip to 5.
If you are in Chrome, take advantage of the “find” feature to help locate the alerts. To do this, hold down the Control key and the letter F, enter the key word in the search and use the arrows to toggle to each.
5. Check the boxes for each Alert you wish to add.
6. Click the Add button.
7. Click Save Changes.
Slide the alerts up and down from within the Role Alerts section to change the order they will display on the Alerts page.
|Supervisor & Reviewer Alerts List||Explanation of Alert |
|Review Queue - Claims Ready for Review||Includes all claims assigned to you as the reviewer. Includes the File #, link to notes, Insured's last name and the client company.|
|Review Queue - Extended - Claims Ready for Review - UNASSIGNED and Assigned to Me||All claims that are not assigned a reviewer and all claims assigned to you. Includes the File #, Notes link, insured's last name, the client company, the state the loss occurred in, the adjuster and if the reviewer is you or is not yet assigned.|
|Reviewed Files Requiring Revision||All claims that have been returned for revisions. Includes File # with link, link to Notes, the insured's last name and the client company.|
|Reviewer Workload List||All claims including those assigned and not yet assigned a reviewer that have been marked "Ready for Review". The list includes the name of the reviewer, the total # of claims assigned each reviewer, how many claims are "In Review" and how many have been "In Review" for more than 24 hours. |
|My Open Reviews||List of all claims assigned to you as the Reviewer and the Adjuster. Includes the File #, date/time the review was started to include the number of hours in review, the Carrier name, Insured last name, adjuster and a link to the claim Notes.|
|My Open Reviews > 24 Hours||List of all claims assigned to you as the Reviewer that are over 24 hours since being assigned. Includes the File #, date the review was started (sp), number of hours in review, the Carrier name, Insured name, adjuster and a link to the Notes.|
|Reviewer Workload List (for Management)||List of open claims, number that are in review, how many are over 24 hours in review by reviewer. |
|Reviewer Workload List (for Supervisors)||List of open claims, number that are in review, how many are over 24 hours in review by reviewer. |
|Supervisor NEW Claims - New UNASSIGNED Claims||All claims assigned to you as the Supervisor that have not yet been assigned an adjuster. Includes the File #, Insured's last name and the date received.|
|Uploaded Reports for Supervisors - All Reports Uploaded by Adjusters||All claims that you are assigned as the Supervisor that have a document uploaded by the adjuster. Includes File # with link to claim, document type with link to document, name of adjuster, the date the document was uploaded and the ability to clear the alert.|
|Supervisor Workload Light||List of Supervisors and the number of open claims for each. Has the ability to click on the number and be brought to the list of claims.|
|Supervisor Workload List||List of supervisors, number of open claims for each, the average number of days the claims have been open and the number of overdue claims. Has the ability to click on the number and be brought to the list of claims.|
Step 3: Designate a User as a Supervisor or Reviewer either to an individual User, a Company or to a Claim.
Setting a Default Supervisor/Reviewer to a User.
As default supervisor/reviewer of an individual user you will have the option to choose to automatically assign the default supervisor/reviewer when assigning a claim by checking the Automatically Set to Adjuster’s Supervisor/Reviewer box.
- Go to the Personnel Manager page.
- Click the Name of the person you wish to assign a Supervisor or Reviewer to.
3. Click on FileTrac Settings to jump to this location on the page.
4. Select the Supervisor’s Name or the Reviewer’s Name from the drop down to set as a Default.
5. Click Save & Close.
If the name of the supervisor/reviewer does not appear in the drop-down list, they have not been given this designation. See Step 1 of the instructions above to set the designation.
Setting a Default Supervisor/Reviewer to a Company.
A default supervisor/reviewer of a company will appear as the supervisor/reviewer for every claim for this company going forward.
- Click on Companies to navigate to the Companies page.
- Click on the Name of the Company.
3. Select the Supervisor’s Name or Reviewer’s Name from the drop down to set as a Default.
4. Click Save Company.
Setting a Supervisor/Reviewer to a Claim.
A default supervisor/reviewer can also be added or changed on a claim-by-claim basis and by changing a supervisor/reviewer on a claim this will not change any defaults that are set in the system but will simply override the supervisor/reviewer for that single claim.
- Click on Manage Claims to navigate to the Manage Claims page.
- Click on the File # to open the Edit Claims page.
Scroll down to the Loss Information section of the file. Here you have the option to either select a name from the drop-down next to Assign Supervisor/Assign Reviewer or you can check the box to Automatically Set to Adjuster’s Supervisor/Reviewer.
3. Check the boxes to Automatically Set to Adjuster’s Supervisor/Reviewer.
4. Select the Adjuster’s name from the Assign Adjuster drop-down.
5. Click Update Claim or Update and Upload Report to save your changes.
Step 4: Marking a claim Ready for Review.
A claim must be marked “Ready for Review” to appear in the Reviewer Alerts. This can be done by the adjuster when he/she completes the file.
- Open the Notes section for the claim.
2. Type the Note that the claim is ready to be reviewed.
3. Mark the claim Ready for Review.
4. Click Save Comment.
Step 5: Working from the Alerts page.
FileTrac makes it easy to review claims from the Alerts page by using the hyper links to jump straight into a claim or straight into the notes section.
- Click on Alerts to open the alerts page.
- Click on the blue link for the Alert.
- Click on the File # to open the Manage Claims page for the claim or Click on Notes to jump straight to the Notes section for the claim.
Move throughout the claim as you normally would to review the notes, reports, photos, etc. Once your review is complete you will need to either mark the claim Reviewed: APPROVED or Reviewed: Revisions Required.
Mark the claim Reviewed: APPROVED or Reviewed: Revisions Required
4. Click on the Notes for the claim.
5. Check the appropriate box for the review.
6. Click Save Comment.
Once the claim has been marked Reviewed: APPROVED it will no longer appear in the alerts list to be reviewed.