Contacts on a Claim & Common Contacts
Last updated: 8/18/2020
It may be necessary to add parties involved in a claim as a contact within the claim. Typical contacts that are added to claims could be attorneys, public adjusters, agents, claim reps or other people that are involved in the loss. Depending on the types of claims your company handles you may encounter the same people repeatedly. In this case you will want to save this Contact so this person and all their details can be recalled and added to a claim in the future. This is called a Common Contact. The instructions below will walk you through the steps of adding a Contact to a claim, saving a Common Contact and then adding a Common Contact to claim.
Adding a Contact to a Claim
This section will walk through the steps of creating a new Contact which is done from within an existing claim. This contact is a random individual that will not likely need to be included on a future claim. This is your one off which could possibly be someone involved in an accident that would need to be interviewed. The information for this contact will only be stored withing the one claim file.
- Click to open the Manage Claims page
- Locate the claim that you wish to add the contact and click on Contacts
The list of contacts on this file will appear. You will have the ability to Manage Common Contacts, Manage this Claim, create a New Contact or search for a saved Common Contact. Continue the instructions below to add a contact to the claim.
3. Click on New Contact
4. Click the drop-down to select the Contact Type
5. Check Primary if this will be the primary contact for this claim
Continue filling out as much details as you would like to include in this contact.
6. Once you have entered the information you wish to save for this contact scroll to the bottom of the page to Save.
Saving a Contact as a Common Contact
Common Contacts are people that you regularly would include on a claim. This could be a client rep, attorney, agent, etc. Once a contact is entered in a claim you can save the contact to be included on future claims saving the step of needing to type the information multiple times.
To create a Common Contact follow steps 1 through 5 above
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check mark Commonly Used Contact
7. Check the box to Automatically Add this contact to All New Claims only if you want this contact added to all new claims for this company otherwise skip this step.
8. Click Save
Adding a Common Contact to a Claim
To add a contact that has been saved as a Common Contact to a claim follow the instructions below.
- Follow the Steps 1 through 3 in the instructions above.
4. Begin typing the name of the contact in the field for Common Contacts. As you continue typing matches will appear in a list and you can select the correct contact by clicking on the correct name.
Searching and Editing Common Contacts
If you do not know the name of the contact you can search the saved Common Contacts and edit their contact information. To locate and edit a Common Contact follow the instructions below.
- From within a claim file click on Manage Common Contacts
2. Choose from the drop-down fields how you wish to search.
3. Once you locate the contact to you wish to edit click on their name.
Their contact information will appear, and you can edit the fields as needed.
4. Once you have completed making the changes needed scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.